MotoPic

MotoPic

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shifting Focus

So, I’ve been thinking; I lost steam here for two reasons, as far as I can tell.

Firstly, I may have been overly ambitious in my aim to buy cars, write about them, and then resell them. I didn’t want to check back in until I made progress obtaining a dealer’s license, or reviewing a car. That shit is expensive, folks, and I don’t have that kind of money.

Secondly, I feel the need to always be clever, witty, funny, or insightful. If I can’t be at least one of those things, I shy away from writing. I’m not sure where this feeling comes from, but it seems to inhibit my progress.

So what am I going to do about it?

You’re looking at it. I’m writing a post that has very little to do with cars or motorcycles. I’m also not trying to be clever, witty, funny, or insightful. Feels good.

I think I’ll also lift the focus to encompass anything I damn well please. Watch this:
  • Everyone go see “The King’s Speech”! What a masterpiece.
  • I make a fine pasta sauce.
  • I started running yesterday, training for a triathlon and to summit Mt. Rainier in August.
  • I’m really digging on the songs from madeinheights.bandcamp.com
See what I did there?

I'll try to do this more frequently. We'll see how it goes.

here's a picture of a dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment